Register a Tax file number (TFN)
How it works?
Our team will review and process your application.
Receive your Tax File Number by post.
Lowest Price Guaranteed
Table below compares service fee of four TFN registrant companies in Australia.
What is Tax file number (TFN)?
Do I have to have a tax file number?
Am I eligible for a Tax File Number?
- You are a foreign passport holder, permanent migrant or temporary visitor.
- You are already in Australia.
- Your visa is one of the following:
- a permanent migrant visa
- a visa with work rights
- an overseas student visa
- a visa allowing you to stay in Australian indefinitely (including New Zealanders automatically granted a visa on arrival).
Valid working visas include:
- Working holiday makers (subclass 417)
- Entertainment (subclass 420)
- Sport (subclass 421)
- Work and holiday makers (subclass 462).
How long does it take to get a TFN?
Can't find my TFN?
- Look on your income tax notice of assessment or other letters from us
- Look on a payment summary (provided by your employer) or your super statement
- If you have a myGov account linked to the ATO, you can access your TFN online
- Ask your tax agent (if you use one)
If you still can’t find it, contact ATO on 13 28 61, 8.00am to 6.00pm, Monday to Friday. International callers can phone on +61 2 6216 1111 – between 8.00am and 5.00pm (EST or daylight-saving time) and ask to be transferred to the appropriate area within the ATO.